Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2017

It tastes like candy!

Those are words out of the mouth of one of my 10 year olds when he ate his butternut squash last night.  "It tastes like candy!"  It was a proud moment, I have to admit.  One of my favorite recipes is maple bacon pecan and butternut squash by one of my favorite bloggers, PaleOMG   If you have never had butternut squash, I think you will be pleasantly surprised how good it is.  There are so many great winter squash's out there that can do more good than just for decoration on Thanksgiving.  One of the things I have loved about eating Paleo is discovering new foods!  We had this last night with out pecans, with a side of oven roasted broccoli, and Meat loaf.  Who could ever say Paleo eaters are depriving themselves?!?  If you are used to steaming your broccoli, try roasting it.  To me, it brings out a nutty flavor thats my kids will gobble up!  Just lightly coat your broccoli in some coconut oil or olive oil with some sea salt.  Put your oven on roast at 400 degrees.  Let them cook for roughly 10 minutes give or take.  Let me know what you think!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment