Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Hamburger buns and sandwich bread!

Sometimes you just need bread!  I have to admit my husband and I don't eat it often, but the kids do.  Being kids, I think they need more carbs than adults.  When I make hamburger buns, I know they are getting some good nutrition out of it.  I found this recipe from Make Ahead Paleo by Tammy Credicott.  I make a double batch, sometimes triple, and freeze them. They are also great as an English muffin.  

English muffins/Hamburger buns by Tammy Credicott
 YEAST MIXTURE
1/3 cup warm water
2 tsp honey
2 tsp active dry yeast

DRY INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup almond flour
3 TBSP coconut flour
1/3 cup arrowroot flour
1/3 cup tapioca starch
Pinch of sea salt

WET INGREDIENTS
2 eggs
1 TBSP olive oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar

1.  Preheat oven to lowest setting
2. On a large baking sheet place 8  English muffin rings on parchment paper
3. In a small bowl mix yeast, honey, and warm water. Set for 5 minutes until frothy
4.  In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients
5. Add the yeast mixture to dry ingredients along with wet ingredients.  Mix well.  Let dough set for about 4 minutes.
6. Lightly spray rings with cooking spray and fill each muffin with about half a cup of dough. Smooth top
7.  Place the pan in the oven and turn off the oven.  Let the muffins sit for 10 minutes.  
8.  Leave the tray in the oven and turn temp up to 350 and bake for 20 minutes.
9.  Let them cool and then remove them from the rings.

 

I also wanted to share with you where we get our sandwich bread.  Again, my husband and I never eat it but the kids do.  I tried making my own with a few different recipes.  They are ok but then a new company called Legit Bread Company came out a few months ago and we were hooked!  I order 4 at a time and freeze them.  It's not something we eat everyday, but once or twice a week the boys have toast with breakfast.  They also have mixes if you want to make it your self or they will give recipes to make other things.  I made cinnamon rolls with it on Christmas Day!  

 



No comments:

Post a Comment