Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2017

It is a struggle!

I have a confession, I love food!  I love it so much I have a blog about it!  I love to talk about it, make it, and of course eat it!  That's where the struggle comes in.  I have to keep myself in check all the time.  Recently I have gained a few pounds and that has put me in a mood to really watch what I eat.  Being paleo has helped with my struggle with food because now I am able to eat more (I'm all for that!) but it isn't a miracle solution.  You can still go over board if you don't watch it.  Paleo has definitely helped me because there are specific rules.  I can't tell myself  that it's ok to have that slice of cake just once because I know it is not Paleo. I don't make exceptions.  If I started making exceptions, there would be no end.  We have so many holidays and reasons we should "celebrate" that if I ate off my Paleo diet every time it would be all the time.   I am not good at just having as a treat every now and then, I wish I was.  I would eat half the cake if I let myself!  Now I do have Paleo treats.  I feel like that's sort of a compromise to help curb my sweet tooth.
 I want to give you a little information about my past.  When I was in college. I gained a bunch of weight, I won't give you numbers but let's just leave it at a bunch.  Most of it was from being a freshman, thinking I could drink, eat whatever I wanted.  I didn't eat much, but what I did have was junk.  My husband and I met and I started to lose the weight.  We started cooking more and working out.  
When I had our twins I gained a lot of weight again, of course this was for a much better reason this time.  But our twins were BIG twins!  6 lb 8 oz and 7 lb 1 oz, full term!  They were perfectly healthy and did not spend one night even in the nursery.  I was proud that my body could do such an amazing thing.  I lost the baby weight quickly. Nursing for a year helped!!  I had my third baby 2 years later and lost the weight again without a problem.  
After having 15 pounds of baby and a third baby, I had to deal with "post baby body".  I don't mean post baby body like 6 months or 2 years later.  I haven't had a baby in 8 years but I am NOT the same!  News alert! Another quick confessions I had a tummy tuck and breast lift but I am still not the same.
I pray that those who read this are not judging me or looking down on me in any way.  I pray that someone reads this and realizes that they may not be the only one who struggles.  I think that is why I like to blog, cook, talk about food so much.  It keeps my obsession in a healthy check.  I can obsess over good fats and carbs in a healthy way so that I can still have my obsession with food but direct it in a healthier way than just filling my obsession with junk food. I am filling my obsession (lets just say addiction) to eating healthy.  
So today I have started counting my macros again.  Not calories as much, just macros, Fat, carbs, and protein.  I use My Fitness Pal to keep track.  If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask. I also have a great coach that can help if you are interested.

On a lighter note, I would like to share with you a website I found that has been great!  It is called Know Foods.  We have tried their sandwich bread, mini muffins, and donuts!  Okay, I take that back, the kids have tried it.  I just watch them eat and ask if it's good.  They love them. I bought a bunch and threw them in the freezer.  

Another great new product is Nut Pods.  It is a great alternative to coffee creamer if you don't want to make your own.  We like Vanilla but they also have hazelnut and original.  

Y'all have a great day!  Thanks for reading and please ask me any questions you may have!

  










No comments:

Post a Comment