Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Easy Coconut Ice Cream

Tonight we had Coconut Milk Ice Cream.  It was good!!  You need an ice cream maker in order to make it.  I just bought a new one and its pink!  If you have ever made ice cream, it is very similar to any basic recipe.    I doubled this recipe because I double, triple, quadruple all our recipes!  I love making homemade ice cream because I know exactly what is in it, it's dairy free, and sugar free.   My kids won't get a "sugar rush" right before bed, yea it's worth the extra effort to have a calm evening.

Coconut Milk Vanilla Ice Cream
Ingredients:
I can coconut milk, full fat 
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs yolks

1.  In a small sauté pan whisk the coconut milk on medium until it simmers.
2.  In a separate bowl whisk the egg yolks, honey, and vanilla
3.  Slowly pour the the coconut milk into the egg mixture and whisk while pouring.  Make sure you pour slowly and whisk or you will have scrambled eggs!
4.  Pour the ice cream back into the sauté pan and whisk on medium.  Keep stirring until the ice cream is thick enough to coat your spoon.
5.  Pour into the bowl and refrigerate until cool, about 45 minutes.  I left for only 30 min and it just took longer in the ice cream maker.
6.  Next just follow the directions of your ice cream maker.  I let mine churn for about 15 minutes and then poured it into a airtight container and put it in the freezer to freeze completely.

We added dark chocolate bark and coconut whipped cream to ours for extra fun!  I made the chocolate bark and bought the whipped cream from Whole Foods.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment