Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Juicing For Your Health

Juicing has become more and more popular of the past recent years.  You may see new Juiceries in your neighborhood pop up.  Our city finally opened I Love Juice Bar and we have become habitual frequenters.  In order for you to get the most out of the vegetables and fruits, they must be pressed in a cold presser, no heat.  Drinking cold press juices is an easy way to get your daily intake of vegetables and fruits.  When looking for a juice, I usually try to find one that contains green vegetables with one fruit to add a little sweetness.  The kids love to get a juice or smoothie and sometimes I will tell them they need to pick a drink that has something green in it.  It has become a great after school treat!

I am always up for a "food challenge" so when my husband said he wanted to do a juice cleanse, I was all for it.  We watched a documentary called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead and it was a definite motivator.  If you ever need inspiration to eat healthier, get on Netflix and search for food/health documentaries.  They are so inspiring!   It helps to have a partner to do the cleanse with.  We started small with our cleanse doing only 3 days.  Our juice bar set us up with 6 juices a day.  We have been allowed to have a handful of nuts at night.  We also added a protein shake since we are still working out pretty hard.  We are on the 3rd and final day!  We are almost to the end!  I can honestly say I haven't been that hungry I just miss chewing food and I definitely miss cooking!  

What I have learned from this a experience.  I have learned that anyone can do this.  Don't get me wrong, its not easy!  If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.  Be the person who said you did it and finished!  Jesus fasted for 40 days, what a great example for us!  People in all cultures have been fasting for centuries.  This is not a new thing!  A juice fast may help you lose a few pounds quickly but to me the reason to do this is  is to repair your cells and to rethink your way of looking at your health.  After doing this, I do not have a desire to eat bad.  You would think I would want to gorge tomorrow but actually I just want a plate of veggies.  Yea, that surprised me too!  I was worried I would do this cleanse and then gorge for the next 3 days but I don't have that need.  (Hopefully I can say this in a few days!). We eat a lot of vegetables as a family but after going through this, I plan to stick with juicing and increase the amount of fruits and veggies in our diet.  I am hoping to add a green juice in our morning routine.  Would I do this again? You bet!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment